2018 CAMPUS Asia Undergraduate Student Summer Program
Yuanpei College, Peking University
College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications from undergraduate students who wish to participate in the undergraduate student summer program with Yuanpei College, Peking University (PKU) and College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University (SNU). The requirements are as follows.
The theme of this program is “Modern and Pre-modern in East Asia.”
Through participation in field trips and six lectures, students from the three universities will deepen their understanding on the history and present state of affairs in East Asia. Students will be divided into groups, and each group will work on a set theme with the aim of reaching solutions for cross-border global issues. Each group will make a presentation of their achievements at the end of the program.
- Candidates must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students.
- Proficiency in English is required to follow courses and conduct research in an English-speaking environment.
30th July to 10th August, 2018 (weekdays only)
Komaba Campus, The University of Tokyo and field trips in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area
Maximum Number of UTokyo students: 8
How to Apply:
Applications are to be submitted by e-mail to EALAI office
Summer Program Application Form
10:00 am on Thursday May 31, 2018
All applications will be screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Details to be announced.
* 3rd and 4th year students in the Senior Division will be awarded 2 credits upon full participation in classes, field trips, and submitting assignments as required by the program
* Please note that no special consideration will be given for absence from courses of exams resulting from participation in this exchange program, and such courses or exams will be evaluated as “Absent.” “Absent” is not a valid reason to apply for make-up exams.
* Transportation fees for field trips will be covered by the program.
* Students will be required to submit a report upon completion of the program.
* A preliminary information session for all accepted students will be held in June.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
East Asia Liberal Arts Initiative: EALAI Office