Pan-Asian Student Forum 2019
Peking University, Seoul National University, The Chinese University of
Hong Kong and National University of Singapore
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications from undergraduate students who wish to participate in the undergraduate student forum with Yuanpei College/Peking University, College of Liberal Studies/Seoul National University, S.H.Ho College/The Chinese University of Hong Kong and University Scholars Programme/National University of Singapore. The requirements are as follows.
The forum will be held in Seoul this year, and aims to promote research and information exchange between the universities through the interaction of students.
The main theme of this forum is “Politics of Difference.”(for example, ethnic/cultural/religious/economic differences)
Participating students from each university will be divided into groups for discussions, and will make a presentation of their achievements.
- Candidates must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students, and must be at least in the second year of the Junior Division.
- Proficiency in English is required to follow courses and conduct research in an English-speaking environment.
- Some proficiency in Japanese will be an advantage but not required.
Thursday, 31th October to Sunday, 3rd November, 2019
Seoul National University
Maximum Number of UTokyo students: 6
How to Apply:
Applications are to be submitted by e-mail to EALAI office
Student Forum2019 Application Form(EN)
10:00 am on Tuesday, 17th September, 2019
All applications will be screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Details to be announced.
* Please note that no special consideration will be given for absence from courses of exams resulting from participation in this forum, and such courses or exams will be evaluated as “Absent.” “Absent” is not a valid reason to apply for make-up exams.
* Air Transportation and accommodation fees will be provided.
*Other living expenses will be responsibility of the participating students.
*Please note that all participating students are required to take out insurance covering the entire duration. Costs will NOT be covered by the University of Tokyo
* Students will be required to submit a report upon participation in the forum.
* A preliminary information session for all accepted students will be held in early October.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
East Asia Liberal Arts Initiative: EALAI Office