2019 CAMPUS Asia Undergraduate Student Summer Program
Yuanpei College, Peking University
College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications from undergraduate students who wish to participate in the undergraduate student summer program with Yuanpei College, Peking University (PKU) and College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University (SNU). The requirements are as follows.
The theme of this program is “Environment and Life in East Asia.”
Through participation in field trips and lectures, students from the three universities will deepen their understanding on the history and present state of affairs in East Asia. Students will be divided into groups, and each group will work on a set theme with the aim of reaching solutions for cross-border global issues. Each group will make a presentation of their achievements at the end of the program.
- Candidates must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students, and must be at least in the second year of the Junior Division.
- Proficiency in English is required to follow courses and conduct research in an English-speaking environment.
- Some proficiency in Japanese is required for preparation activities prior to the program.
Duration: 29th July to 11th August, 2019 (weekdays only)
Tokyo session: 29th July to 2nd August, 2019
Beijing session: 5th August to 9th August, 2019
*Students will depart for Beijing on Sunday 4th August, and return to Tokyo on Sunday 11th August, 2019
Tokyo: Komaba Campus, The University of Tokyo and field trips
*Some field trips may require an overnight stay
Beijing: Peking University and field trips
Maximum Number of UTokyo students: 8
*Students must be able to participate in BOTH the Tokyo and Beijing session
How to Apply:
Applications are to be submitted by e-mail to EALAI office
10:00 am on Friday May 31, 2019
All applications will be screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Details to be announced.
* 3rd and 4th year students in the Senior Division will be awarded 2 credits upon full participation in classes, field trips, and submitting assignments as required by the program
* Please note that no special consideration will be given for absence from courses of exams resulting from participation in this exchange program, and such courses or exams will be evaluated as “Absent.” “Absent” is not a valid reason to apply for make-up exams.
* Air transportation fees and transportation fees for field trips will be funded by the program.
* Students from the University of Tokyo are to participate in the Tokyo session from their own homes.
(Students from Peking University and Seoul National University will stay at a hotel near Komaba Campus.) Accommodation costs for the Beijing session will be provided by Peking University.
* All other costs such as meals, overseas travel insurance and other living expenses will be responsibility of the participating students.
*Students will be required to submit a report upon completion of the program regardless of their intention to earn credits.
* A preliminary information session for all accepted students will be held in June.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
East Asia Liberal Arts Initiative: EALAI Office