2020 CAMPUS Asia Undergraduate Student Seoul Winter Program
Yuanpei College, Peking University
College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications from undergraduate students who wish to participate in the undergraduate student winter program with Yuanpei College, Peking University (PKU) and College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University (SNU). The requirements are as follows.
Overview of the Program: The theme of this program is “Reconciliation in East Asia.”
Participating students shall take part in the following programs.
- Korean Language Courses
- Lectures by faculty members of Seoul National University (in English)
- Various group activities with students from the three universities, including group presentations.
- Field Trip
- Candidates must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students.
- Proficiency in English is required to follow courses and conduct research in an English-speaking environment.
- Some proficiency in Japanese is required for preparation activities prior to the program.
Sunday, 2nd February to Saturday, 15th February, 2020 (weekdays only)
Seoul National University, Korea
Maximum Number of UTokyo students: 8
How to Apply:
Applications are to be submitted by e-mail to EALAI office
10:00 am on Friday, December 13th, 2019
All applications will be screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Details to be announced.
* 3rd and 4th year students in the Senior Division will be awarded 2 credits upon full participation in classes, field trips, and submitting assignments as required by the program
* Students will receive a scholarship of 400,000KRW from SNU to cover accommodation and transportation costs in Seoul. Students will stay in designated accommodation for the duration of the program, and the cost will be 300,000KRW for two weeks.
* Air transportation fees will be provided by the program.
* All other costs such as overseas travel insurance, meals and other living expenses will be responsibility of the participating students.
* Please note that no special consideration will be given for absence from courses of exams resulting from participation in this exchange program, and such courses or exams will be evaluated as “Absent.” “Absent” is not a valid reason to apply for make-up exams.
* Students will be required to submit a report upon completion of the program regardless of their intention to earn credits.
* A preliminary information session for all accepted students will be held in January.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
East Asia Liberal Arts Initiative: EALAI Office
Tel: 03-5465-8835 E-mail: email@example.com